The Student News Site of East Islip High School

The Broadcaster

The Broadcaster

The Broadcaster

Pat & Joe’s Christmas Trees

Owner, Pat DeSantis (middle), with his son, Mike DeSantis (left), and his son in-law, Nick Codispoti (right)

Through spring, summer, and autumn, we all look forward to Christmas time.  Everything about the Christmas season is pleasantly different, making it ever so special.  Christmas brings cheer as people become increasingly merry.  It’s a beautiful part of the year – from the glistening snowflakes, to the sparkle in children’s eyes when they receive the gift that they desired most.  As time goes on, we create more Christmas memories – whether it’s spending the holiday with friends and family, or buying the perfect Christmas tree.

Pat & Joe’s Christmas tree shop embodies that content but exciting feeling that we get every December.

Pat (right) and Joe (left) with one of their biggest Christmas trees!

Pat & Joe’s Christmas trees was established 36 years ago, when my grandfather Pat DeSantis and his best friend Joe Martins bought a property and saw a seasonal business opportunity. But there is more to Pat & Joe’s besides just the trees. My father, Nick Codispoti and my uncle, Mike DeSantis also work their hardest at the trees each and every winter. Unfortunately, Joe passed away due to kidney cancer in 2009. Just from stories that my family tells, I know that Joe had a way of lighting up every room he walked into and he will always have a special place in all of our hearts. Pat & Joe’s has been a huge part of my family and my life around the holidays. That’s what this business is all about; it emphasizes kindness and Christmas spirit.

Joe’s daughter, Gina, and her family picking out their tree.

“The people,” stated Pat, when I asked what his favorite part about the trees is.  He continued to tell me about how many of his customers are like family and that he loves watching kids grow up each year they visit. He is forever grateful to have such a joyful impact on their lives.  Worker Nick Codispoti said, without hesitation, that “the boss runs a great establishment and takes excellent care of his customers.”

My sister Theresa and I. (Photo credits to Dad)

I know for a fact that myself along with Pat & Joes customers, will never forget that wonderful Christmas tree shop on Islip Avenue. It provides us with a unique happiness that is impossible to find anywhere else.

So, next Christmas season, stop at Pat & Joe’s while on your search for a Christmas Tree.  You are guaranteed to find trees in various shapes and sizes, as well as wreaths, decorations, and other Christmas tree necessities.  It will definitely be an enjoyable experience that will hopefully turn into a lifelong holiday tradition.

About the Contributor
Angelina Codispoti
Angelina Codispoti, Staff Writer
Ang loves reading, writing, and sharing her thoughts with her peers. One day she hopes to open and design her own bookstore.